Saturday, February 14, 2009

Service Learning

After knowing what are the places that we would be visiting in Cambodia, I was rather excited because these are places that I never would have the chance to visit. I really look forward to the trip as I am sure that I would learn alot more from this service learning trip.

Actually, I think it was very true that peoples who are always on the top never will try to understand people at the bottom. Yet after realising the situation in Cambodia just by looking at the picture, I learnt to develop compassion for these peoples. I do not really know how the world is shaped and I definitely cannot exactly understand how these peoples feel. But I would like to understand more and perhaps develop some awareness of this world.

But regarding poverty, I cannot imagine them suffering so much, having to worry about every single basic things that we take it for granted. And how matter how smart or hardworking they are, they will never get a chance to break out from the cycle of povery. Wheras, we can still achieve whatever we wanted. Perhaps the society is unfair because of unfair distribution of wealth, but I do not think we can just blame this world like that. After all, we can also make a difference to their lives.

As for my goals for the service learning, I hope to understand more about the world and how people are suffering on the other side of the world and to develop compassion for these peoples. I also want to think about how we can help them and organisation skills can also be learnt from the service learning. I hope to have a mind to undersand and a heart to show compassion. I really look forward to the trip to Cambodia. I know it would be an unforgetable experience and will often remind me of how much changes I can make for myself, or for the world.

No comments: