Thursday, October 23, 2008

Who Am I?

I am Ooi Lei Shi, aged 14.

But Who Exactly Am I? Read on and it should have answered your question! This could be the most detailed description of myself ever written...


Describing Myself

3 adjectives to describe me: Enthusiastic, Optimistic and Ambitious

I described myself as an enthusiastic learner who continually strive to work hard and gain new skills, knowledge or ideas. I am very easily motivated and excited by things that had let me realised the benefits of it, and this is how I can be a very enthusiastic learner. It is also very hard for me to give up halfway as I will always persevered till I achieve my goals.

I see failures as indicators of the wrong strategies used and believe that anything is possible as long as I know what had gone wrong and reacted correctly.

I am positive and optimistic and believe that everything happens for a reason, a beneficial one. Even if it may be something unfortunate for you, if you look closer and deeper again, you may also realise that this seemingly bad situation can actually turn up good or even better. Meaning to say, for every detriments, there are benefits and vice versa and it all depends on how we look at it. Of course, we will react more positively and better if we look it in a right way, and that is seeing the benefits of any bad outcome or circumstances.

Yes! I am indeed very ambitious. I usually set high and inspiring goals at the start of a brand new year and carry this motivation throughout the entire year. I believe that nothing is impossible and with just the right strategy, you could achieve anything you want! But the bad thing is that if my conviction and positive belief is weak and shaky, I would lose my motivation which would happen to me sometimes...But at the same time, motivation can be created by yourself!

Definition Of My Motivations And Personality

My Motivations

Actually, I am motivated to be developed into a confident, expressive and witty leader/public-speaker/debater/communicator as well as a creative innovator/thinker/motivator because of... .... I don't know? I just want to be! Talking about my ambition, I aspired to become a successful entrepreneur/businesswoman/Sales Executive/lawyer/artist/future leader. Yeah, these are my ideal career options.

My Personality

I can be a very outspoken, enthusiastic, humourous, confident and affable person. But at other time, I can also be very quiet, dull, unsociable, shy, scared, lacking self-confident and detestable?. But I am definitely always motivated to learning new things! I am also constantly trying to improve and understand myself better.

Strengths And Weaknesses

Strengths

What I like about myself is that I am persistent, motivated and optimistic which had allowed me to achieve things efficiently and effectively. I strive to even enhance these strengths. I also have good time management, I can cope well with stress and adapt to new situation quickly.

Weaknesses

I have identified my 4 main weaknesses...

Actually... I think I do not know myself well... because I am not sure what are my exact weaknesses are. Of course, I definitely have weaknesses and I can name a few to you, but it's just that there are still a lot of them that I have not discovered that is very important and I also do not know whether my weaknesses are overcome. I just somehow feel this way? Alright, not understanding my weaknesses well is one of my weaknesses.

Usually, when questioned my weaknesses, I would say that I am selfish. But to what extent and whether it is true or not, I don't really know. I thought I had overcome it already but perhaps unbeknown to me, I may be showing some selfish acts. For example, in the midst of achieving my goals, I may have hurt your feelings and forget about your existence. without me realising it.

My third weakness is that I am afraid to lose out or simply 'kiasu'. Yeah, this is unquestionably true. But this is also one of my motivation for me to study hard, work hard and fight hard! Yeah fighting hard, also can be like fighting resolutely for items that are free! XP.

The fourth weakness is that I do not really know how to express myself in words that well and that accurate and correct which can cause misunderstanding if I fails to do so. Well, I am still trying to improve my language skills! Yeah also, when there are like too many ideas in my head, I will like do not know how to say them and went speechless for some times.

Likes And Dislikes, Interesting stuffs about myself

Likes

I love to make new friends and learn new things. I love music, dance, debate, Arts, playing on the piano and playing chess. My favourite sport is swimming and playing badminton although I am not a good player. I love debate, chess and knowing more things through searching the Internet because it can stimulate brain cells and keep me thinking and thinking because I like to think, just like why I like maths and science and perhaps humanities. I love music, arts and dance although I am not very good at it because of the unique ways of expressing the rich colours of emotions in each individual.

I also enjoy peaceful moment to reflect and think or simply gain new insights or inspirations.

I also like challengers because they are fun and exciting.

Dislikes

I HATE to waste time! Time is very precious and it flies quickly away, though you can see me wasting my own time occasionally XD! I want to invest the time wisely!

Interesting stuffs about me

I am easily inspired and can admire almost everybody. I am willing to learn from anyone regardless of who you are.

And to end with an inspiring quote:

"Character cannot be developed in ease and quiet. Only through experience of trial and suffering can the soul be strengthened, vision cleared, ambition inspired, and success achieved."

-Helen Keller

9 comments:

Lei Shi said...

Oh, I didn't expect it to be so long... But nevermind, feel free to post any comments! (:

★Chelly :] said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
★Chelly :] said...

Sorry, the last comment has a typographic error in it. I cannot accept them.:X Anyways, this is about the same as what I typed.

Yes, Lei Shi, that's the spirit! Go go, for whatever you want in life. Because I'll always back you up, no matter what. Ehh, unless I have other views to share? Hee hee.;D

But really, love your positive thinking and am trying to learn it. You go, girl!(:

Lei Shi said...

Yeah thanka Chelsea~! I will also stand by and support you no matter what! Yeah, we still have a lot to learn from each other (:

♥Yamei - said...

Hey Leishi, didn't knew that you actually want to be an artist too. As for your weaknesses, i think, almost everybody is selfish, so don't worry about it. Oh, and sometimes i don't express myself well too.. Hope you can overcome your weaknesses one day. ^^

Lei Shi said...

Lol thanks! you too can turn your weakness into a strength! (:

`aNa-x said...

you really don't like wasting time :x
efficient too!
thoughtful post(:

-sofia said...

Hey Lei Shi; wow u are fast with ur posts! I really know more about you now! Very interesting eh?

Lei Shi said...

Thanks! But I think I have slacken, haha