Friday, December 26, 2008

Vacation Hightlight

Vacation Hightlight?
Well, actually I did not do anything much. Apart from doing all those homework, I also had to practised the piano in preparation for my piano exam and I also try out some tycoon games although some are really not that fun. What I spent most of my time doing was shopping as it was really bored staying at home. There was not any CCA trainings for me surprisingly.

BUt, yes I did something meaningful apart from doing my homework...
I reflect about my secondary two's life and the year 2008. I wish I could remember my life, each and everyday but anyway, I learnt much from the reflection. Perhaps that's the meaning of a holiday? You just get to rest after so much. So I believe that holiday is such a golden opportunity for you to reflect, so that you will not repeat your mistakes again.

I learnt that you will remain what you are now if you do not change. But you will only change when you are forced by circumstances to change, until you can stand it no more. Ultimately, if you really want to improve yourself, it is all up to you.

I also learnt to accept the past and accept myself because the past is still the past and what we have got are the present and future. I should treasure the past as I can learn something from it.

Lastly, I realised that failures can make you more mature because you will realise what are the things that are deterring you from success and then learn from your experiences. Experiences, to me, are just like a bag of failures. You will actually grow and improve after each experience.

Well, time flies... It is just a few more days to the year 2009. I think we should live as if you will die tomorrow and learn as if you will live forever. That way, we will really cherish our time.


Blaise Pascal:
In faith there is enough light for those who want to believe and enough shadows to blind those who don't.

1 comment:

Marcus Quek said...

"I think we should live as if you will die tomorrow and learn as if you will live forever."

Nice saying. (: See you in 2009!